TSP payouts


Q: I am receiving monthly withdrawals from my Thrift Savings Plan account. I would like to make a partial lump sum withdrawal and continue receiving my monthly amount for the next 30 years. Is this possible or do I need to withdraw the total amount?

A: Use form TSP-77 to request a one-time partial withdrawal.

— Mike Miles


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply