72T and TSP


Q. I plan to retire at the age of 53 with 22 years under law enforcement with the Bureau of Prisons. Can I have my 72T Substantially Equal Periodic Payments come from TSP or do I have to transfer to a financial planning firm such as Edward Jones?

A. The payments can come from your TSP, but will have to be set up as monthly payments.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply