IRA rollover


Q. I am a retired federal employee. I was forced to retire at age 51 due to some health issues. I was a wild land firefighter so I had the luxury to retire at a younger age. I still have my TSP, which has done very well in the past two years due to dumb luck and a bit of forethought. My question is; After retirement can I roll IRA money over into my TSP account?

A. Yes, as long as the money you transfer was not part of a nondeductible contribution.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

1 Comment

Leave A Reply