TSP contribution changes


Q: I have 18 years of federal service and will be working for another 12 years before retiring. I contribute 15 percent per pay period to the Thrift Savings Plan, all going to the F Fund as of September. Can I reduce the contribution from 15 percent to 10 percent for the next couple of years and then move it back to 15 percent?
A: Yes.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply