Rolling 401(k) contributions into TSP


Q: I have seen numerous questions about the feasibility of rolling 401(k) contributions into an existing TSP account. All of your answers indicate it is a good idea to do so. How do I go about accomplishing said transfers?

A: You must contact your 401(k) administrator and make arrangements for rollover distribution. At the same time, you must complete a Form TSP-60 and submit it to the administrator along with your distribution request. Ultimately, the completed Form TSP-60 and the distribution check must reach to the TSP for the transfer/rollover to be completed, and one section of the Form TSP-60 must be completed by the 401(k) administrator. It’s a little work, but it’s worth it. Visit for more information.


About Author

Leave A Reply