TSP contribution guidelines


Q: I am 51 years old and will not be able to retire from federal service until I am 65. I have 100 percent of my TSP account invested in the C Fund. I would like to diversify my account to include slightly more risk, such as the International (I) fund. Are you able to provide me general stock market guidelines in which it is best to complete this action?

A: As always, I recommend that you select the asset allocation scheme that meets your needs with the minimum of risk and then implement that allocation in your account as soon as possible.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply