TSP life annuity


Q. I am 50 years old and have 32 years of government service. If I defer my retirement until I am 56 years old, can I receive payments from my Thrift Savings Plan account through a life annuity. Also could I get another job and still receive the life annuity payments?

A. Once you’ve separated from federal service, you may use your TSP assets to buy a life annuity at any time. Your annuity payments will continue regardless of your employment status, once they have begun.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply