Pension payout


Q. I am currently employed and have the option of receiving a lump-sum payment for my pension payout. I would need to roll that over into an account that I could receive a monthly payment from. Do you have any advice as to what kind of plan would be available for me to do that?

A. A Roth IRA or an IRA are possibilities. You should consult a planner or tax accountant to figure out which solution is right for you.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply