Transferring into TSP


Q. I invest the maximum in my Thrift Savings Plan L2030 account. What other monies can I move into my TSP account — e.g., mature CDs, ITF money from a deceased parent, bond dividends, etc.?

A. You may transfer previously untaxed retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b), etc.) balances into the TSP.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply