TSP partial withdrawal


Q. I am retiring from the Postal Service in 10 days. I have an outstanding loan for $6,500. I do not have the funds to pay off the loan now, and I need an immediate partial withdrawal for $30,000 when I retire. How do I get this done ASAP?

A. Use Form TSP-77 to request a partial withdrawal following separation from service.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply