TSP contributions after 70 1/2


Q. It is my plan to continue working past age 70½, which will allow me to not take minimum distributions until after I separate from service. However, I have found nothing that speaks to continuing contributions beyond 70½. I would like to continue contributing if possible. What can you tell me about that?

A. You may continue to contribute up to the usual limits until you separate from covered service.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply