Lump-sum annual leave into TSP?


Q. I am in FERS (age 57 with 30 years). I have been offered the buyout and will have to be off the roll Jan. 31.  How should I go about having a portion of my lump-sum annual leave payment go directly into my Thrift Savings Plan account?

A. This is not allowed.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply