Transferring 401(k) post-tax funds from previous employer to Roth TSP


Q. My previous employer allowed post-tax contributions to the 401(k) plan after the maximum allowed pretax contributions had been reached. Can I transfer the post-tax contributions of my previous employer’s 401(k) plan to the Roth TSP?

A. No.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply