Annuity investment


Q. I am a retired federal employee since July 1, 2011. Because of the IRS rules regarding RDA if you’re 70-1/2 years old. I decided to withdraw an annuity of $1,500 each month. What is the best investment as to where to put my $1,500. By the way, this amount is below the 4 percent commonly used by retirees as a yardstick.

A. You should invest the money in the safest place that is highly likely to produce a sequence of periodic investment returns that will support your future financial goals. If you’re not sure what that is, I suggest that you put the money in the bank and contact me for help.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply