TSP withdrawal


Q. If I retire in December under MRA +10 and I’m 59 years old, how long do I have to wait to request a full withdrawal with monthly payments? Also, can I request the same day to take a partial lump-sum withdrawal, or do I have to do them separate?
A. The TSP will process your distribution request as soon as they receive the request and have been notified of your separation. You may be able to submit the TSP-77 and TSP-70 requests at the same time, but I’d recommend submitting the partial withdrawal request first and then the other.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply