TSP transfer


Q. I have been retired from the federal government for eight years and have worked for a private firm. I have a 401k that I have been contributing to since I started working for this firm. Can I transfer my existing 401k to the TSP when I stop working.

A. Yes, as long as it doesn’t contain any after-tax money. Use Form TSP-60.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply