Retirement planning assistance


Q. I am a FERS federal employee with 29 years of service. I am seeking a qualified federal retirement planner who can assist me. Is there a list of professionals I can select from?

A. There are lots of lists. I suggest you start at and look for a 5-star adviser. Of course, I encourage you to visit my website at


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply