TSP withdrawal


Q. I am 55 years old and will have 30 years service in the USPS as of February 2016. I’d like to continue to work, but take an in-service withdrawal now to purchase an investment property. My total TSP is about $175,000. Can I do this?

A. This is not permitted until you reach age 59 ½, when you may request an age-based, in-service withdrawal.



About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply