TSP options at age 70½


Q. I retired 20 years ago from federal service and left my TSP funds intact. Now approaching the age of 70½, what are my withdrawal options?

A. You may take a partial lump-sum withdrawal, using form TSP-77, if you have not yet taken one, or you may request a full withdrawal using form TSP-70. The full withdrawal may take the form of a lump sum, monthly payments or some combination of the two.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply