TSP complaint


Q. How do I file a complaint against TSP for not releasing my funds to me? I joined in August, then submitted my cancellation for return of funds on Nov. 22, 2016, to meet the Nov. 23 deadline. Then TSP mailed a letter saying my form failed to include my TSP account number, so it was not processed. I re-faxed it. TSP now says that because they did not receive the revised form until Dec. 16, it will not return my funds. Clearly, TSP had notice of my withdraw before Nov. 23.

A. Try the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. Their contact information is available here: https://www.frtib.gov/contacts.html.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply