TSP loan question


Q. Is it possible to continue paying on a TSP loan after retiring from the uniformed services if I step into another federal job that qualifies me for TSP participation?

A. If you have a break in service of less than 31 full calendar days, you may inform your new agency if you have any outstanding TSP loans so your payments can resume. You must make up, from your own funds, any loan payments you may have missed. Mail a loan payment directly to the TSP along with Form TSP-26, Loan Payment Coupon.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply