TSP contributions for returning retiree


Q. If I retire from civil service (under FERS) and I return to work as a civil
servant at a later date, I know that my annuity will be subtracted from my
pay. However, will I be able to contribute to TSP again? If so, can I
contribute to my original TSP account or would I have to start over with
another account?

A. You will allowed to contribute to the TSP for during any period of eligible employment under TSP’s rules: https://www.tsp.gov/PlanParticipation/EligibilityAndContributions/index.html.
A new TSP account will be opened for you when your are eligibly employed.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply