Browsing: early withdrawals

Q: Can I transfer funds outside federal Thrift Savings Plan system? I would like to invest in some stocks in private sector. I am still working under the old federal retirement system; I will be 63 in June and have 35 years of service. Are there any penalties? A: You may take one age-based in-service withdrawal and roll it over to any Individual Retirement Account, without penalty. Use Form TSP-75, which, along with detailed instructions, is available at