Reduced annuity after resignation


Q: I was born in 1956, serve under FERS and completed 10 years of federal service this year. Can I resign from the service and draw reduced annuity at age 56? Also, am I eligible to draw 40 percent of my TSP contribution with the remaining amount in monthly annuity immediately after resignation?

A: Under those circumstances, you will be permitted to take a partial withdrawal followed by monthly withdrawals or annuity payments.


About Author

Leave A Reply