Rolling over into TSP


Q. I had a 401(k) plan with my previous employer. I rolled over into an account with Fidelity after I left and haven’t added any money to it since. Can I roll it over again to my current Thrift Savings Plan account? What form would I need to use?

A. You may transfer the assets into the TSP as long as the account contains no after-tax dollars — that is, money you contributed after it was taxed. Visit for more information and use form TSP-60 to request the transfer.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply