TSP withdrawal


Q. I am a Postal Service employee scheduled to retire Oct. 1. I am 60 years old. Can I take a partial withdrawal from my Thrift Savings Plan account and invest that portion in a private annuity and then take monthly payments from what is left in my TSP account?

A: Yes, as long as you have not already taken a partial withdrawal from your TSP account.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply