Finding a lawyer


Q: I just turned 49 and I have been a law clerk for a federal judge for 22 years. I have been asked to either submit my resignation effective in several weeks or be terminated. Which option should I choose? There are further complications/options available which are too lengthy to get into. I would like to retain the services of an expert, but I don’t know who to contact. I need help quickly as clock is ticking for possible break in service.

A: It sounds like you should start by talking with a lawyer who specializes in federal employment matters. Put “federal employment lawyer” into an Internet search engine and you will come up with some candidates to interview.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply