Making changes to TSP


Q: I’m a Federal Employees Retirement System employee and will retire at age 64. I will opt for monthly payments from my Thrift Savings Plan. I know I can change the amount yearly, but can I also change the plan in which the funds are invested?

A: You may change your investment allocation in the TSP as you see fit, within the usual limits, for as long as you maintain the account.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply