Roth IRA rollover


Q. I am a federal employee, age 52. I established a Roth IRA several years ago and contributed to it until my income became too high. If I start contributing to the Roth TSP, can I roll over the discrete amount of my Roth TSP contributions at retirement to my existing Roth IRA, or do the rollover amounts follow the prorate distribution rule?

A. You will be allowed to rollover the Roth money to your Roth IRA.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply