TSP withdrawal


Q. I work for a defense agency and I am planning to retire after 28 years of service at the end of this year at age 66. Now I am considering my options for handling and managing my Thrift Savings Plan fund.

I have a question regarding withdrawal. According to TSP 775, I can withdraw funds through a single payment, a series of monthly payments or and purchase an annuity. If I decide to go for a series of monthly payments, which TSP form should I use to submit my application?

A. TSP-70 – Request for Full Withdrawal.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply