About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

1 Comment

  1. If you wish to be aggressive, you should max out your contributions every year and select the highest numbered L fund – currently L2050.

    If you believe you will retire in a higher tax bracket, then go Roth TSP. If you only contribute a small amount into your TSP account, chances are you will retire with a small-ish balance and thus a lower tax bracket at withdrawal.

Leave A Reply