Workers' comp and in-service withdrawal


Q. I have a friend who has been receiving workers’ compensation benefits for about 25 years but is not yet separated from service and worked under CSRS. Can he apply to the Office of Personnel Management to receive the monies in TSP in a lump-sum payment without having to retire? Or will he have to apply for disability retirement first?

A. As long as he is employed, the in-service withdrawal rules will apply.


About Author

Leave A Reply