Rolling over post-tax 401(k) contributions into Roth TSP


Q. I have a 401(k) plan from a previous job in the private sector that allowed yearly post-tax contributions after the pretax limit contributions had been reached. Can I roll over the post-tax contributions in my 401(k) to the Roth TSP?

A. Not unless the funds are held in a Roth 401(k) account.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply