Transferring IRA, Roth IRA into TSP


Q. I have a Vanguard 500 Traditional IRA and Roth IRA. Can I transfer these funds into my Thrift Savings Plan? If yes, what forms should I use to make this transfer?

A. You may transfer your IRA money into your TSP account, if it is all pretax money, using Form TSP-60. You may not move your Roth IRA money into the TSP.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply