TSP Contributions


Q. I will be retiring on 01/02/2015. I am a CSRS employee and would like to put my unused annual leave lump sum payment into my TSP account when I receive it in calendar year 2015. My agency HR Representative told me there is a way to complete this transaction, but was unable to tell me how this process works. She directed me to TSP for assistance, but they could not help me. The TSP Representative stated I should engage a tax accountant to disposition my unused annual leave lump sum payment. Could you please clarify what is actually permitted?A. TSP contributions from an annual leave payout are not allowed.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply