Partial lump sum


Q. How do I request a TSP partial lump sum after age 59-1/2? What forms do I need to fill out, and how long does the process take? I plan to keep working until age 63 and continue contributing to my TSP.

A. Use form TSP-75 to request an age-based, in-service withdrawal. Allow weeks for the withdrawal to be processed.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply