Investing money


Q. I will be 70 and a half years old soon, and I have to take TSP distribution. Where should I invest this money to keep it growing?

A. In cash savings, if you can afford it. Otherwise, if you need to take more risk, open a self-directed discount brokerage account and use low-cost, exchange-traded index funds for investing in stocks and/or bonds.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply