TSP rollover


Q. I retired from federal service and took a state job. I stared contributing money to my state-sponsored 457b retirement plan. I also rolled a small portion of my TSP into this plan. I wanted to continue putting tax-deferred money toward retirement. The 457b fees are higher than I expected. Is there any way to roll money back into my TSP without having to leave my state job?

A. The TSP will allow it. I can’t answer for your 457b plan. As a side note, I don’t understand your reason for moving TSP money to the 457b plan in the first place.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply