TSP Transfer for Retirement


Q. I will be eligible for MRA+10 in a few years. Can I take my TSP funds and roll them over into my traditional IRA account? If so, how would I do so?
A. Yes, you may, although this could be a mistake, so be careful. Use form TSP-70 or TSP-77, depending upon whether you want a full, or a partial, withdrawal to be rolled over.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply