Rolling over to another fund


Q. I turned 70 in October so I am going to need to start taking withdrawals. Can I reinvest this money? I don’t need it now, and I feel like it would be better used when I am older. Can I roll it over into another fund where I will pay taxes on the interest earned?

A. It’s your money, you can do whatever you want with it except for rolling over to another retirement plan account.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply