TSP distribution after divorce


Q. I am recently divorced, and my former spouse was awarded a portion of my TSP account. What needs to be done to start the process?

A. Start by reviewing the information available at www.tsp.gov in the Personal Events – Changes in Your Family Status – Divorce, Annulment, and Legal Separation area. The direct link is https://www.tsp.gov/LifeEvents/personal/spouse/separation.html.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply