Funds allocations in TSP


Q. I’m a federal employee for 18 years and have been contributing to TSP for the last 17 years. My financial advisor wants me to spread my current funds by a dollar amount. I only see how to spread my money by percentages. Is there a way to do it by dollar amount?

A. I don’t think so. Ask your advisor to give you the recommendations in percentages, instead. If he/she won’t, find another advisor.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply