Receiving from TSP


Q. My ex-husband has given me the forms to receive money from his TSP account, but what form do I use to roll it over into my IRA account? 

A. The distribution request form should contain a section where you can direct the proceeds to be paid to your IRA custodian for your benefit. If not, you’ll have to roll the funds over yourself using your IRA custodian’s deposit form.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply