Q. Can you comment on low-cost fund families (Vanguard for one) versus the TSP funds? You always recommend TSP funds because of their low cost. However, there are fewer funds in the TSP to choose from than there are available in Vanguard. Vanguard’s costs are not out of reason. Why not use Vanguard funds for the better selection at a still low cost?
- L Funds after retirement
- TSP rollover
- CSRS Offset and salary reductions
- Social Security and the Government Pension Offset
- Avoiding the WEP
- Are these considered wages?
- Moving TSP account balance to different L Fund
- Social Security “file and suspend”
- Calculating FERS substantial earning years
- Using Roth TSP to buy an annuity