Browsing: partial withdrawals

Q: My husband is 60 years old and plans to leave his federal agency by Dec. 31. Is it possible to do a partial withdrawal (in-service) based on his age, then roll the balance of his Thrift Savings Plan account into an individual retirement account when he leaves his job? A: Yes, as long as he hasn’t taken a partial withdrawal in the past.