401(k) rollover


Q. I am eligible to buy 12 years of military service credit for my civil service retirement. I am curious if I can take a 401(k) from a previous job and roll it over into the FERS system without a tax penalty. Can you help me with this?

A. You may not.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply