TSP funds


Q. I started working for the government about 2-1/2 years ago. I am 56 and plan to retire in 10 years. I am contributing 15 percent of my  pay to the TSP G fund. I want to earn more than this fund is paying. What are your recommendations on which fund I should contributing to?

A. If you don’t know what else to do, then about the best thing I can suggest is that you use the L Fund that most closely corresponds to your life expectancy. You won’t know how much spending this will safely support, but at least you’ll know that your account is risk-efficient.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply