TSP withdrawal options


Q. I am retiring at the end of January 2016, and I turn 55 in February 2016. I want to make a partial withdrawal from my TSP, then begin monthly payments in the amount of my choosing, beginning in 2017. What forms do I use for this? Since I am retiring, do I have to wait to be notified by TSP?

A. Use forms TSP 77 and/or TSP 70 for this. You don’t have to wait to be notified by TSP, but your request will not be processed until your agency has notified the TSP of your separation.



About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com and view his blog at money.federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply