Health coverage


Q. My husband is retiring in April 2017. He is on FERS and has TSP and pension. Does he have to leave his money with the government to keep health insurance?

A. He does not have to leave his money in the TSP to continue his health insurance coverage through the FEHBP.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply