Transferring from one government agency to another


Q. I currently work for the Department of the Army. I recently interviewed for a position with the Veterans Administration and was offered the position. When I transfer, will I retain my benefits such as TSP, leave (annual and sick), and others that I believe all fall under OPM?

A. As long as you are working in a position covered by CSRS, FERS, or military retirement, you will remain eligible to continue contributing to a TSP account.


About Author

Mike Miles is a Certified Financial Planner licensee and principal adviser for Variplan LLC, an independent fiduciary in Vienna, Virginia. Email your financial questions to and view his blog at

Leave A Reply